Wilt u een vacature plaatsen neem dan contact op met het secretariaat van de Vereniging.
Plaatsing is zonder kosten. Informeer secretariaat wanneer vacature is vervuld en tekst kan worden verwijderd.
De Vereniging is niet verantwoordelijk voor de inhoud.
Do you have a Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology / Biotechnology as well as an expectation to have or obtain professional certification in industrial (occupational) hygiene or Certification in Safety engineering (Hogere Veiligheidskunde) and at least 5 years of experience with managing risks associated with biological agents and GMO legislation, full understanding of containment systems and concepts?
Welcome in our team
Animal Health Boxmeer Safety and Environment department provides safety and environmental support for all the Animal Health Netherland operations in order to drive towards world class EHS (Environment, Health & Safety) performance. The department covers all the essential EHS expertise.
For our Animal Health location in Boxmeer we have the exciting opportunity to hire a:
EHS Specialist / Biosafety Officer (BVF) https://jobs.msd.com/gb/en/job/R47320/EHS-Specialist-Biosafety-Officer-BVF
Reporting into the Associate Director, Safety & Environment for Animal Health the Netherlands, the EHS Specialist/BVF will provide expert guidance for leading and driving implementation of the site’s Biosafety program, ensuring compliance with both regulatory and company requirements and providing safety and biosafety support.
- Subject Matter Expert for the Biosafety and safety program of the site, including site processes to anticipate, recognize, and evaluate workplace health hazards and recommend proper control strategies to manage identified risks;
- Prioritize Biosafety related risks and develop and assist with implementing corrective action and preventive action plans. Monitor and communicate overall status of plans to Site Management;
- Proactively identify improvement opportunities and collaborate with other EHS staff/ Engineering, Operations and R&D personnel to leverage best practices and drive continuous improvement efforts;
- Maintain the required technical competencies, proficiencies, and regulatory knowledge to ensure responsibilities are effectively executed;
- Technical expertise needs to include but is not limited to: exposure assessment & monitoring of biological operations; control strategies and prevention, engineering controls, work practice controls, and personal protective equipment (PPE) including respiratory protection, applicable regulatory and requirements;
- Establish and maintain excellent communication processes to ensure site management, R&D and Production, and affected employees understand the workplace hazards, exposures, and accompanying risks, as well as the needed control strategies;
- Provide technical support for new projects and modifications to ensure proper Biosafety design review, containment verification, as well as routine / maintenance evaluation after and before process / equipment installed / implemented;
- Conduct safety self-assessments & audits including Biosafety;
- Develop and contribute to an effective Biosafety training program for both management and employees.
Animal Health Division
Our Animal Health division is a trusted global leader in veterinary medicine, dedicated to the health and well-being of animals. We are a global team of professionals working together to make a positive difference in animal care and the world’s food supply and have a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society and our planet. We offer one of our industry’s most innovative portfolio of products, services and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species.
- Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology / Biotechnology as well as an expectation to have or obtain professional certification in industrial (occupational) hygiene or Certification in Safety engineering (Hogere Veiligheidskunde);
- At least 5 years of experience with managing risks associated with biological agents and GMO legislation, full understanding of containment systems and concepts;
- Experience in leading the integration of excellent Biosafety processes into chemical /biological operations or similar industries;
- Ability to analyze data, interpret results/ trends, decide appropriate, cost effective corrective actions and provide clear recommendations to both management and employees;
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills, ability to work transparently and with a sense of urgency across various businesses, functions and cultures;
- Excellent technical leadership and communication (oral & written) skills in English, Dutch is a plus.
What we offer
We welcome you to a truly global, dynamic and challenging environment with great opportunities for personal development. Our benefits are very competitive and the summary below will give you an idea of what you can expect.
- Competitive salary and a 3% year-end bonus;
- 35,5 days of leave;
- Attractive collective health care insurance package with considerable reduction rates;
- Solid Pension Plan;
- Incentive Plan;
- Travel allowance for commuting;
- Numerous training, coaching and e-learning modules for long term job opportunities and development.
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively for the common good. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.